Borrowing limits for researchers
Upon presentation of a current CQUniversity ID card each researcher in good standing with the Library may borrow the following:
- unlimited items from the general collection – 21 or 7 day loans
- 5 term loans (with approval from the Library Resources Manager – however, set texts and recommended reading items will not be approved due to high demand)
- journals for 21 days
- unlimited renewals from the general collection (provided the item is not requested)
- one hold per title for items currently on loan
Borrowing regulations for researchers
Loans will be renewed automatically unless the item is requested by another borrower or you are blocked from borrowing.
Books or other items in the Reference or Special Collections are not available for loan.
All notices and communications from the Library will be forwarded to the official University email address. The responsibility for checking email and returning or renewing material by the due date rests with the borrower.
Research staff are advised not to return material via a third person, as the borrower is liable for the safe return of the material. Research staff should not re-lend borrowed material to another person.
Any research staff member who does not return overdue material or material that has been recalled by the Library will not be permitted to borrow any further material until the situation is rectified. A staff member may become ineligible (i.e. denied borrowing privileges) if recalled loans are overdue.
Overdue or lost items
Library users with overdue items requested by other users will be blocked from borrowing further items or renewing items. Items not returned within 7 days of receiving Library notification to return the items will incur a $30 non-refundable fee per item.
Long overdue items
The Library will declare an item lost if the item is four weeks overdue. Should an item be declared lost, the borrower is required to:
- Return OR replace the lost item OR pay a replacement fee of $112.45 (incl. GST)
- Each item overdue for 4 weeks will also incur a $33 (incl. GST) non-refundable processing fee.
Lost or damaged items
Should an item be lost or damaged, the borrower is required to:
- Replace the lost item (the Library will accept an exact copy of the item or a later edition) OR pay a replacement fee of $112.45 (incl. GST)
- Pay a non-refundable processing fee of $33 (incl. GST)
The Library will reverse the replacement cost if the item is returned in good condition within twelve months of the due date. The processing fee will not be refunded.
The replacement fee for laptops and multimedia equipment will be the current market price.
Any person detected at the security gate with library material which is defaced or has not been loaned in accordance with the library's borrowing procedures is liable for disciplinary action.