Current awareness & alerts
- the different types of current awareness services available to you
- how to set up alerts, e.g. journal alerts or conference alerts, so you can keep up to date with new publications in your area of teaching or research.
- finding theses from CQUniversity and other universities in Australia and overseas.
- resources to help you write your thesis
- how to deposit your thesis with the Library and in ACQUIRE
Access to resources from other libraries
The interlibrary loan and document delivery service provides CQUniversity researchers access to information sources the Library does not hold.
Open Access resources
- what Open Access is and how it benefits you
- open access publishing
- e-prints and institutional repositories
- open access resources you can search
- the range of databases available for you to search
- the best techniques and strategies for searching databases
Useful websites for researchers
This list provides some web resources that may be of a particular interest to researchers.
Facilitating Interdisciplinary Research (2004)
Free Online book by the Committee on Science, Engineering, and Public Policy
Many books in the public domain may be accessed from this long list of sites containing freely available e-books and other literature. Some entries do have specified conditions. The listings are broken down into Australian then International.
ResearchGate is the world’s largest professional network for scientists and researchers and is completely free. It provides researchers with access to around 40 million abstracts and tens of thousands of Full texts, uploaded by the authors themselves. It also provides facilities to create professional profiles, form groups, upload & download papers, hunt for jobs, find out about conferences and network with each other.
The Internet Archive is building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. It includes Web pages, Moving Images, a Live Music Archive, Audio and Texts.
Tool Kit for the Expert Web Searcher
Developed and maintained by Pat Ensor
CIRET – International Center for Research and Study in Tourism
This center assists in the networking of researchers specialising in tourism and travel across various countries. It also provides free access to a number of resources in tourism and leisure.