Finding new resources for courses
Books and journals in print
Do you want to update your reading lists for students, or need to identify recently published books?
Do you need ISSNs (International Standard Serial Numbers) or contact details for specific journals?
CQUniversity Library has access to a number of free and subscription-based resources that can help you identify and select current books and journals.
This subscription database allows you to search for specific journal information. The full record for each journal includes subject headings, ISSNs, publisher and contact information, and whether or not the title is refereed.
Publishers and Booksellers
Many publishers provide detailed information about their products and some have email alerting services which notify of newly published resources. You may find some of the following sites of interest.
GENERAL SUBJECT AREAS
- Allen & Unwin publishers
- Blackwells Online Bookshop
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Macmillan Publishers Australia
- National Academy Press – this publisher provides fulltext access to over 2000 books
- Oxford University Press
- Amazon.com – a large US online bookstore
- BookWeb – the website for the American Booksellers Association
Contact TASAC for more assistance or to book an appointment with a Senior Librarian to discuss your requirements further.